The lovely Miss Scarlet turned two last Wednesday – I first thought of parthenogenesis, but it describes an asexual duplication, and this is a bit inappropriate in connection with Scarlet Blue. To make a good thing better, Miss Scarlet is presented with an award: My congratulations!
Miss Scarlet has ten questions she wants to be answered and asked five other bloggers and me to speak the truth. And to keep the ball rolling, come up with ten own questions and ask six more bloggers to answer.
Here are my answers:
1. Do you prefer asking questions or answering them?
I generally prefer to ask questions. I am curious by nature and doing oral history and biographical, lebensgeschichtliche interviews did not help to reduce this. If the setting is right it can be a rewarding adventure. There is normally no second chance.
2. What is your favourite joke? [Or favourite one liner?]
Maybe a curse I will not put out here. Generally I try not to repeat myself.
3. Have you ever fantasized about being on Big Brother [the well known TV show… I’m not alluding to incest]?
Trapped in a can with absolutely new and strange people, monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week: That’s a high security prison. No, going to jail is no phantasy of mine.
4. Have you ever wanted to enter a talent show?
5. Is Simon Cowell really necessary?
Who is Simon Cowell? Wait a minute, I have to see what I find on the web. … I read the wikipedia-entry: He seemingly does “entertainment”. I can happily live without that. So for me Mr.Cowell blurs right into a large field of grey indifference.
6. Tea or coffee?
Coffee please. Tea can be nice, but the memory of the hogwash called tea I was forced to gulp in my childhood faded only lately. I am well over forty.
7. What is your favourite perfume? Or smell?
I can hardly describe it. Flowerfruits with Sandelholz and citrus, sweet but not too heavy, Maiglöckchen, colours green yellow and warm orange.
8. What is the quickest route to Wales from where you live?
High speed train to London (Frankfurt/Main, Paris), train to Cardiff. No aeroplane for me, sorry.
9. What does the word ‘Wales’ conjure to your mind?
Green. Dales. Hills. A high sky with fluffy white clouds. Granite stones. Early roman (frühromanische) art. Cigarettes. (?)
10. Are you dreading dreaming up ten questions to ask six bloggers?
No. In the end there are few things I dread, asking questions belongs not in this category 🙂
1) Do you believe in ghosts?
2) Are you content with your life?
3) Have you ever been at or close to point blank?*
4) Is philosophy necessary?
5) Do you live with books?
6) Have you ever been on stage?
7) Do you regularly read a printed newspaper?
8) Are you afraid of the future?
9) Do you know yourself?
10) Will you play on?
Thank you for your patience.
Answers come in:
*Please see clarification in comments, answer to xl’s question!